Thursday, October 28, 2010

ORM the Hibernate way -- on .Net!

I've been a casual user of Hibernate in my Java applications for a long time, but have never gotten around to using it's .Net cousin, NHibernate. Now I've got a reason to finally give NHibernate a look!

Packt has just released a new book, "NHibernate 3.0 Cookbook", described here. The book promises to teach the full range of features available and looks to be an easy read. It's a Packt "Cookbook", which means the book will be presented in a series of 'How To' episodes written in a consistent format. These books emphasize practical application over deep theory, so I have high hopes I'll be rapidly developing database-backed applications in .Net not long after cracking the cover. (Time will tell. I'm waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail.)

Watch these pages for a review sometime soon.


Meanwhile,

Happy Coding!

No comments: