Friday, March 19, 2010

Coming Soon: Review of 'OpenX' Ad Server book


I'm anticipating reviewing Packt Publishing's soon to be published "OpenX Ad Server: Beginner's Guide".

The book's description (found here) promises to instruct any reader with an understanding of IT basics on how to use OpenX. OpenX is an "Ad Server", or a platform to help you run advertising campaigns. It's supposed to help you display ads, find which ads are most effective, utilize GeoTargeting, provide metrics to help you judge your effectiveness, and more.

I have to be honest, this appeals to me. I use Google Analytics to track readership of this blog and I've become addicted to the statistics it provides. If I had a similar package that would help me serve a few relevant ads, track reader interest in these ads and maybe even make a few bucks in the process somehow, that would be really cool!

The book is slated for print soon, watch these pages for a review.

'Till then,

Happy Coding!

No comments: